Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a caterpillar excavator 312b. The bucket is curling

Customer Question

I have a caterpillar excavator 312b. The bucket is curling in real slow at all times?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Heavy Equipment Mechanic can help you best.
Customer: while uusing the excavator couple months ago the bucket just kepps curling in.
JA: Is there anything else the Heavy Equipment Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: I have 3 of the same excavators, so I took a cylinder off one of the others swapped it but there was still the problem
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Heavy Equipment Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the spool in the main control valve for sticking due to trash/debris in the valve causing it to stick. Check the original bucket cylinder for a loose piston nut and scoring producing metal stuffing the control valve spool if metal is found in the bucket cylinder port. If ok check the pilot control valve plungers in the cab under the rubber boot for sticking and not returning to contact the plate. They can stick over time and new plungers are usually available. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to take the time to rate my service as that is how the experts get credit for their time helping on the site.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?