Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My issue is with a tb 145 takeuchi mini. The machine will

Customer Question

My issue is with a tb 145 takeuchi mini. The machine will not crank. However I can jump out the starter relay and saftey relay and it will crank. I have tested and eliminated temporary the fusible link in the circuit because of corrosion and high resistance. The key switch was replaced along with the saftey relay with no correction of the problem. The water temp, air filter, and oil all check out to be in working condition. I am lost at this point. Any help would be great. Machine s/n is 14510990
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** is your serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Oh Never mind.... I see it.... Bare with me while I look up a schematic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Be sure the corrosion damage is repaired and all your grounds test good. Relays work off both power and ground

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 99 percent sure that I have taken care of any corrosion. All voltages where verified further in the down the line with no voltage drops
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Im sure you like already confirmed the fuses and relays all check out in the machine? Be sure to test power in and out of the IGN switch in all switch positions to be sure there is power out to the starter/safety relays and if not the switch is bad

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok let me see what I can pull up for you on the circuit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
supply voltage to the key and from the key to relay are all there. The controller controls the saftey relay I belive my inputs to the controller should be good. Just not sure if I am missing something
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I find their parts manuals to be very helpful when troubleshooting.

Click below

Parts

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check the safety switches in the LH console and wiring PDF 56-57

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

See PDF pg 130 +

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Also PDF 144 shows an optional security system with a controller.... Check for that as well

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lh console swith test correctly in the no position. Switch had no resistance and the is good voltage in and out when activated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The security system is not installed on this machine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was a good thought though I wouldn't have thought of it
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, Also you willl notice the emergency stop relay and Decel relay are the same part numbers along with some others. You can use a known good one from another circuit to move around for test purposes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's the next plan there. You don't have any thoery of controller input and outputs by chance
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

That I do not readily accessible but I can do some digging

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?