Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Have a terex pt70. something screwed up with the safety

Customer Question

have a terex pt70. something screwed up with the safety belt. worked intermittently & now not at all. replaced belt switch worked for a while (10 hrs.) checked fuses,don't how to check relays (without replacing them) & there is a capacitor in the safety circuit also
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is your serial number? Also, fuses test on both sides with a test light with IGN switch on probing the top metal tabs of the fuses for power. Any fuse with power on one side is failed. The fastest way to check relays when troubleshooting is find one that is working such as horn or lights and use that one as a test relay to swap one at a time for testing. Take a close look at your safety interlock switches and harness for damage or faulty switches. Using an OHM meter test for continuity in the safety interlock circuit. Let me know