Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 2003 JCB 214E backhoe and the shuttle shift will

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2003 JCB 214E backhoe and the shuttle shift will allow it to reverse but not go forward. It has been to a JCB dealer twice and $4k later still no solution. It works for a few days intermittently and then stops altogether. It seems to be Electrical. I recently replaced the starter and it worked fine in the yard for a day or two but has no forward movement. Reverse works fine! Any help? Dan***@******.***
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

The shuttle has two solenoids that have to make forward and reverse. Are you getting voltage to the solenoid in forward? If not, check the shifter to see if problem is at shifter. If the solenoids get voltage from the shifter, swap the two solenoids to see if solenoid is bad.