Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a s220 skidsteer and have a couple of problems with

Customer Question

Hello, My name is***** have a s220 skidsteer and have a couple of problems with it. First off when it did turn on, my joy sticks were pretty hard. My right side wheels would only respond occasionally and have now stopped completely. We didn't notice any noises coming from the traction chain (which I've dealt with before) so now I'm lost. I have a parts manual which does me no good not knowing what the issue is. Can you please advise?
All this led to my second problem which is that the engine will not start even though our battery reads fully charged. Any advise would be of much help. Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Luis, My name is***** will be glad to help. What is the serial number of your machine?. First remove the hydraulic filter and inspect inside for fine metal/debris indicating a pump, drive motor or component failure occurring. Is it only that one side or are you having troubles with other functions as well?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

For your engine no start. Does it crank over but not run or not turn over at all? Also if it turns over does it seem there is a load on the engine and it turns over slow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is the serial number. Having trouble on one side only, which is right side.Engine will not start at all. Like I said we checked battery and its charged. Is there a fuse I should be looking out for?Also we don't have a parts manual. I have been around the web looking for one but we have had no luck. Can you recommend a place where to find one? Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

In the engine compartment there should be a main fuse or breaker. Also check the fuses and relays in the machine. For the travel check for metal in the filter and system and the linkage for problems. If theres metal you likely have a drive motor problem but verify the linkage is not worn and engaging that side travel fully. Check the drive motor for excessive case drain pressure indicating a failed drive motor.Let me know