Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I leased a PC 138 and I am getting error code 05. Can you

Customer Question

I leased a PC 138 and I am getting error code 05. Can you help me? Machine seems to be running fine but keep getting the code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's really all I know. All fluid levels and guages are fine. I just can't figure out what this code means. I just don't want to hurt the machine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. that fault is for the throttle/governor control. what is the full model with any dashes and serial number of your machine so I can be sure to give you the correct troubleshooting for your machine?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pc138uslc-2
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Is it a dash 6, dash 8 , etc?

E-5 Automatic warm-up system does not operate (in cold season)

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

We seemed to have posted at the same time. Thanks for the info... Let me verify the same info for your dash 2 as my post was for dash 8

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pc138uslc-2e0 serial 1884
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can pull up for you. Also if you are interested there is a full PDF version service book with full schematics, testing/troubleshooting, Specs, and repair information as well for under 25 dollars. Click here for the link

Manual

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

If you like I have the full manual as well and can open up my link for less if interested.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thanks I'll just wait until you have more info on this
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

That fault is for the decelerator motor circuit. There are likely more codes logged in the monitor panel for the more specific parts of the circuit to help in troubleshooting. Are you aware of how to access them through your monitor? Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not how do I do that
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

E05 identifies the decelerator circuit but scroll through the monitor to get the complete codes. Press the buzzer cancel switch plus the auto decel switch for 2.5 seconds or more....

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Buzzer cancel switch and work mode selector up and down to scroll through codes.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

E308 E05 is Fuel dial input value error

E317 E05 is Decel motor system disconnect abnormalty

E318 E05 is Decel motor system short circuit abnormality

These are what your fault codes will be like. Let me know what you have and if they are other than what I just posted I will look them up for you

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please remember to rate my service.