Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Shift problem d6 m cat will not shift in forward put will go

Customer Question

Shift problem d6 m cat will not shift in forward put will go in reverse. Next it will go in reverse not forward. Shut off wait a few minutes it will work ok? For hour or longer
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi Dick, My name is Dan. How did the oil look and was there any fine metal/debris in the filter? Are you getting any faults or warning alarms? What is your serial number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Oil look ok. Didn't cut filter open. Sometimes faults &learning alarms not all the time 4jn00578
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the update. finger controls on your machine or no? See what you have for fault codes and let me know. Also inspect a sample of your filter and let me know what you find. Click on this link for access to the fault procedure and some troubleshooting help. Check all your fuses and relays and ECM power. The link also has your ECM pinouts and some schematics to help. Let me know what fault codes are logged so we know what circuits to check out. Let me know

Troubleshooting