Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Have a terex tele elect 4042 commander auger truck. Boom

Customer Question

Have a terex tele elect 4042 commander auger truck. Boom winch and auger work, outriggers and boom lift and swing and extend have no movement
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi John my name is Dan. What have you checked on this so far? Is this electric over hydraulic controls or pilot controls?

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Are you getting any warning indicators going off? Check the hydraulic filter for signs of metal indicating a component failure occurring and check the relief valves and o rings for those circuits. Let me know

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Pilot valve. Two stage hyd pump. I think it has a hi side and a low side. The one house feels stiff and the other one is limp
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where are the relief valves?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

The Relief valves are the adjustable cartridges threaded into the main control valve that control circuit pressure

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Check for fine metal in the hydraulic filter indicating a pump problem..... Can you send me some pictures of the control valve and pumps? The paperclip icon above is used to upload files. It is late tonight and I am getting ready to sign off but we can follow up as needed. I log in periodically throughout the day

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi John, Did you get this resolved?