Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I'm working on a 2009 s185, the problem is the tilt, lift

Customer Question

I'm working on a 2009 s185, the problem is the tilt, lift functions are not working, the bics is giving me a code m3204, I have switched and unswitched power to the acs controller but don't get any signal power to release the locks for any of the controllers, ideas?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 9 months ago.

faukt code m3204 throttle controller has no communication. Is this intermittent or happens all the time? Have you checked the relays and fuses in the engine compartment?

Do you have a cab on this loader?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
All fuses and relay are good, and yes it has a cab. My service manual says m3204 is ACS controller no communication, I'm trying to figure out what it's not communicating with, this machine has two other controllers on it and the service manual is very vague on how they talk to each other, also in my experience 99% of the time a communication error is harness related, also the schematic I am working with the serial number is ***** the same as the machines so I'm not sure if I'm tracing the right wires, any help would be appreciated.

What is your serial number I will see if I can dig up a schematic for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is not an intermittent problem, no lift or tilt functions at all

Can you give me your serial number so I can locate a schematic?

and are the lap bar lights, seat switch and seat belt lights coming on the BICS box?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
S/N # ***** ***** all lights come on but the tilt/lift function light is constantly flashing

Does the light blink continually or does it blink a code?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Continually blinking, no codes

Have you checked the lift/tilt solenoid coil for power?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No power to the solenoid, so I checked continuity on wire # ***** which according to my schematic is power supply wire for that solenoid and it is good, so what are the parameters that effect that circuit? Door switch, lap bar?

start with door switch check continuity through it. if your lap bar light is on then the lap bar switch should be working