Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Here, I have a 2007 Gehl 5640 E, when dumping the bucket the

Customer Question

here, I have a 2007 Gehl 5640 E, when dumping the bucket the hydraulics will stop (will raise the bucket) until you idle the engine down. It then returns to normal immediately. This sometimes happens with the boom as well. The hydraulic filter indicator is in the normal range
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: This used to only occur after you run the machine an hour or until it was warmed up good. No it is happening on the first load when the machine is cold
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 11 months ago.

I see nothing in the system but # ***** proportional solenoid, or the 4-5 load checks that would affect the bom function. Solenoid may be shutting off port, or the load checks may be damaged, broken springs. But with no other electrical components, it seems to be rooted at the control valve.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It will work all day at half throttle, but not at full speed

I would try replacing the hydraulic filter before diving into the control valve, even though it does not show as plugged. Low flow from pump will certainly cause this. Plugged filter, or restricted suction to the hydraulic pump.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will get one ordered, I use WIX filters, any issues with that?

No, they are good quality.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Filter change did no good, You can dump the bucket fine, when you try to raise it goes to a lock type feel like if you have the seat bar up. If you idle the engine down the function returns. If you take your foot off the pedel and reapply the bucket will go up part way. (takes about three times to get the bucket all the way up. The boom does not seem to be affected nearly as much

The second solenoid in the valve body is a lock solenoid, If it locks the spool, then spool will not move.

Solenoid has to stay open. It would have to loose voltage to lock and then reopen. Could battery voltage be erratic?

# ***** is lock solenoid.

Om New Holland we cut the tip of a solenoid, and used it for tests. With the lock tip, removed, it could not stop the spool movement, but does away with the safety function.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

Did you find problem?