Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Have a Faitallis FL14E loader sat parked months now it

Customer Question

Have a Faitallis FL14E loader sat parked for 2 months now it movers forward and reverse but will not push transmission slips can you give me tips on what to look for I have a manual .thanks for you time .
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, My name is***** check the oil level and condition... Look for discoloration, burnt smell and for metal/debris in the drain oil, filter, and suction screen. Any metal or friction material will indicate a transmission internal failure. Aluminum will indicate a torque converter problem. Let me know what you find. Some cases you might find a failed converter an pump and get by with that and a flush but in other cases where further internal damage is found in the transmission a rebuild is necessary. Testing your pressures is the next step. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have ck oil level and condition of oil all good. What is next step Dan ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, when you drained the transmission there is a suction screen at the bottom of the case and also a transmission filter. Check them both for metal indicating an internal problem. If clean test pressures according to your manual and confirm the results to the specs in the manual to help isolate your problem. Let me know the results of your pressure tests.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will get back to you with results. Thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi John, Did you get this resolved?

Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Did you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dan I have been busy on other projects but will be in touch when back on the track loader .thank you for the help so far .john
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the update John. Keep me posted. Pleasure to help

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi John, Just following up so your question does not get lost in the archives. Please remember to return and rate my answers as that is how the experts get credit for their time on the site. We can still continue to post back and forth as long as we leave the question open.