Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

The hydraulics make an excessively loud whining noise. Is

Customer Question

The hydraulics make an excessively loud whining noise. Is there a screen filter located somewhere that is not allowing the fluid to flow properly to the low pressure side of the pump. It seems like I I have a lose of hydraulic pressure operating the lift arms, bucket tilt, and steering.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi Ralph, my name is***** is a suction screen at the bottom of the hydraulic tank but if your pumps are extremely loud and wining you have more serious issues. Check inside the hydraulic filter for signs of metal/debris indicating a pump failure. Be sure that the oil level is full.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

If the oil is full and metal is found in the filter, the system needs to be completely flushed and cleaned out and the pumps rebuilt or replaced.