Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

My name is ***** ***** Can an isolator oil pan gasket be

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** Can an isolator oil pan gasket be installed in place of puzzle gasket on cat 3406e serial nmbr starting with 5ek
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: oil pan is leaking one bolt hole in block needs repair as it is stripped
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.

Unfortunately it can not. I am sorry. I wish that was not the case.

The 5EK can only use the puzzle gasket as the isolator gasket is not the same size.

To help stop a leak you will need to use extra silicon sealant on the problem area.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.