Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a New Holland Ls 180. I had my injector pump repardo

Customer Question

This is Bob. I have a New Holland Ls 180. I had my injector pump repardo I put the injector pump in
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had Had the injector
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I had the injector pump rebuilt. Need a diagram or the procedure to correctly install it so the timing is correct.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bob. Its Dan. What is your machine serial number and complete engine model number?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not here. Can I get it to you tomorrow?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Yes that will be fine.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Check the e mail you used to open your question. There should be links in your e mail to get back to this question

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The machine serial # ***** ***** Where would the engine model # ***** or do you still need it?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

There will be a tag on the valve cover or side of the engine.... It will help if you can get it to be sure you have the correct information for your engine

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The valve cover label is pretty well deteriorated so cannot find a number on it or the side of the engine. It has a Lucas fuel injector pump. In order to pin the pump, I believe I should be able to roll the crankshaft over so the pin would go into a hole, and that would be top dead center. But I cannot find the hole. OR, is the pump pinned at 29º before top dead center?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Click on this link to access the procedure. See Section 10

Troubleshooting and repair

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We already had the manual you provided. It wasn't much help. Had to take it to a diesel service shop and they got it set correctly for $48.98.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

The actual service book that gives the full step by step procedure was not much help? You already had this manual and the procedure but still posted a question on here asking how to do it and you had this manual? I am a bit confused? Glad you got this resolved either way.