Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Kobelco SK160LC 2007 model excavator, The hyd all

Customer Question

I have a Kobelco SK160LC 2007 model excavator,
The hyd all work good except the right track is slow and weak, and the bucket cyl. is slow and weak.
I it to be in the pump but which one??
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Bill, My name is***** is very possible it could be a pump problem since the functions are split between the pump sections however I recommend pulling the circuit reliefs for those functions for inspection first as well as confirming both pilot and pump signal pressures are in specs and also check the return filter for fine metal/debris indicating a pump or component failure. A lot of travel problems are related to rotary manifold seal problems and are commonly misdiagnosed. When you operate another function with the bucket or RH track does it speed up normal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have not tried other function while operation will try tomorrow if it works when operation of other function. What then?
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

That would mean one pump is not stroking either by no signal pressure to stroke the pump to full flow or a mechanical problem with one pump

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

When multiple functions are operated both pumps will be in full flow if the system is working properly.... Signal pressure will shift the pump to full flow

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hi Bill, did you get this resolved?