Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a deere generator with a 4045 engine in it. i had a

Customer Question

i have a john deere generator with a 4045 engine in it. i had a doc outlet temp low code active and soot load codes. did doc and dpf bake, reinstalled, code still active. i am trying to perform the latched aftertreatment dtc clear procedure but when i open the procedure it says that engine speed is detected and will not run the test. the problem is that the laptop will not connect unless the engine is running and the unit only has an on off switch and starts as soon as you turn the switch on. i tried unplugging several sensors as to not allow the generator to start when turning the switch on but all efforts failed. even if i can get the ingition to come on without the generator starting the test still tells me that engine speed is being detected. any help on this issue?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 10 months ago.

It may be seeing a throttle input make sure your throttle is at 0% or it will not regen

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ive already performed the regen. i am just trying to do the "latched aftertreatment dtc clear" procedure. and this generator does not have a throttle control on it. as soon as you start it it goes to 1800 rpm automatically

Let me opt out and see if someone else can help

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Please post the actual fault code numbers you have logged both active and inactive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
codes 111.07 and 4766.18
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Fault 111. 07 is for coolant level. Check the level, sensor and harness for problems. 4766.18 as you know is DOC moderately low. Check for any exhaust leaks that would cause a loss of temp as there should be non. Also check the turbo as a faulty turbo could also cause this along with a faulty harness or sensor giving false readings. Now as far as the engine speed showing, what is the make and model generator and any info you have on the control system for identification would be helpful.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the generator is a john deere 4045 engine.newer model probably 2010-2012. there is no exhaust leaks , and all the temp readings are remotely the same while doing a temp test which is normal, but it shows failed every time. and the coolant code is "coolant level switch mismatch" there is two. i tried swapping the connectors with no change. not sure about that code.. there is no visual issues with the aftertreatment, i am thinking it just an old latched code from before having the filters baked and that is why im trying to figure out how to perform the "clear latched aftertreatment dtc" procedure. but it fails every time due to engine speed detected.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info. If the fault is still showing active it will not let you do anything but in cases where repairs have been made and problems have been corrected but the ECM will not reset, you need to have the dealer reflash the software with the most current updates in the ECM and start fresh... If the problem is still present it means there is an active fault detected that needs to be corrected and isolated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have active codes 3465.09 3673.31 3719.16
they are not giving me descriptions and i cant find them in the dtc list for the ecu. can you give me descriptions on these and possibly a diag procedure thanks
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My list is not going this high either unfortunately. I will have to opt out and hopefully another expert may have access to this information.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I get some help on this???