Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Howdy I do snow removal in the Sierras with a 1991 Case 621,

Customer Question

Howdy I do snow removal in the Sierras with a 1991 Case 621, in the recent storm I noticed my brake pressure light was on but with all the snow I ignored it for awhile. Suddenly I was backing up and my rig would only go forward in 4th. Then I tried to finish up what i was doing and by the time I got my rig back to the yard it had only 4th in forward and nothing in reverse.....Any help at all would be great...... Gary
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary, my name is***** will be glad to help. First let me know your serial number of machine and also check the transmission oil for discoloration and burnt smell as well as the filter for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal failure or pump problem, etc. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JAK0022062 oil looks fine, I haven't checked filter. But just put new one on recently and was fine.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Gary the purpose of inspecting a sample inside the filter after an issue occurs is to look for metal/debris indicating a failure. If this problem happened after the last change then there could be metal and debris in the filter indicating an internal transmission problem or converter problem if aluminum

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I will check as soon as I can. thanks Dan
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Pleasure to help