Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a hyundai 740-9 wheel loader with a cummins engine.

Customer Question

HI I have a hyundai 740-9 wheel loader with a cummins engine. Its not accelerating to full rpm and blows out some black smoke checked both fuel filters they were clean.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 10 months ago.

This is a sign of a leaking/failed injector (s) they not producing or over fueling the proper fuel to run the engine. Another cause is low fuel pressure from the pump .You will need Cummins programming and special tooling to properly troubleshoot . Please don't forget to rate my service and thank you for allowing Just Answer to assist

Please don't forget to rate my service.

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Danny, My name is***** to add to this post in case you find not fuel system problems such as low fuel pressure from a restriction or leak or injector/injection pump problem. Check the turbo for damage and be sure it is not contacting the housing. Also let me know if certain functions with the hydraulics or transmission tend to increase or cause the symptoms as a relief valve or other hydraulic or transmission problem could put an excessive load on the engine causing the same symptoms.

Please don't forget to rate my service.

Just following up ,Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi, Just following up. Please don't forget to rate my service

Hi just following up.

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Danny, Did you get this resolved? If so and if the problem was fuel system related please be sure to remember to give Cummins Dr the rating on his last post and if any of my suggestions helped lead you to your problem feel free to rate. If the problem is unresolved feel free t reply with any updates for further help if needed.