Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 277 Cat Skid steer, with a manual bucket attachment

Customer Question

I have a 277 Cat Skid steer, with a manual bucket attachment system, I use it for cleaning corral the bucket detaches when I hit s rock or even a frozen manure lump, and it occurs when the machine is pushing forward or backwards..........what is causing this to happen?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Don, My name is***** will be glad to try to help.Is this a B or C series machine ? What is your serial number?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dan the machine is model is just a 277, I do not have4 the serial number handy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Dan the machine model number is ***** a 277, I do not have the serial number handy.Don
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The serial no is Cat 00277ACN01332Don
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the info Don. Check the Pin and linkage in your quick connect for wear or damage. Try maneuvering it without the attachment to check for problems. Click this link for more info. Let me know

Quick Tach

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Check the pin slots for wear or any damage from rocks etc that will cause the attachment to not stay locked