Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 97 Cat th63 serial number is 5WM01292. I need help

Customer Question

hello, i have a 97 Cat th63 serial number is ***** I need help about installing the brake lights and the reverse lights, since i bought the machine used and without them. sometimes i have to drive it 6 or 8 blocks from job to another job and i need to have the light so i can feel safer in the street. i need to know the parts numbers and the steps to install them. thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Johny, My name is***** will be glad to help. Click on this link for the electrical schematic showing the wiring for the optional lighting. The part numbers can be super-seeded and upgraded so its best to go right through the dealer to have them look up the option by serial number.

Schematics

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok i see the squematics, the parts i can find in my parts book. Lets assume i have all the parts, where can i find the wires ill need, can you explain me how do i install them?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What are the steps to connect them. The wiring is what is complicated for me. In the meantime i will look for the other hardware
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Most of this should be plug and play and the harness should accept the switches and lights as there will likely be empty connectors tied up and tucked away in the harness. The schematics will help you identify the wire numbers fir the lights.