Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

This morning I went out to start 2009 bobcat t190, it ran

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, hello this morning I went out to start 2009 bobcat t190 , it ran for a couple of seconds then died, Now no power anywhere except at battery
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well when i push the start button there is no lights that come on on the dash , the battery is charged , terminals are clean , I do have power at the battery cable that goes to the starter, but no power anywhere inside on dash
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Construction and Road Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

The dash and instruments gets power direct from the battery connection at the starter solenoid. The wire will be on the same terminal at the solenoid. Look at the starter area for a fusible link. Will look like a fuse soldered in the wire. The main wire has to go to the fuse panel, then to the dash. Use a voltmeter or test light , starting at the starter solenoid , and follow the voltage to the fuse panel, looking for where power has been lost.