Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

2004 420d IT has trouble finding forward after couple hours

Customer Question

2004 420d IT has trouble finding forward after couple hours warm up. Reverse always works. Hooked up volt meter to solenoid on top of trans.12 plus on forward wire. Seems like I can jiggle 1234 stick on floor and catches or fumbling with neutral switches.6 months replaced most everything.thank you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

Please post the full serial number of this machine so I can find the correct information about the wiring.

I am assuming when you say you have replaced everything, you are meaning the F-N-R shuttle shift control handle, the neutralizer buttons, the transmission solenoids, the parking brake switch and the wiring harness, is this correct?

Have you checked transmission pressures? Is the oil level correct? (check with engine running)

Is the the same issue you had before or was it a different reason why you replaced everything?