Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I am ***** *****. I have a code 05-14 on my s250 bobcat and

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I am ***** *****. I have a code 05-14 on my s250 bobcat and was wandering what to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The bobcat shut down by itself. It was low on fluid so I added fluid to right level. started up and still does not work and turns itself off after about 30 seconds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Construction and Road Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Bare with me while I look up your code

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

05-14 Hydraulic Charge Pressure Extremely Low. This is likely a faulty charge pump. Verify pressure is in specs and if not replace the faulty charge pump. If it is in specs check your sensor and harness.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what do you mean by check the specs
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

I meant test your charge pressure with a mechanical guage. It should be around 500-550 PSI

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

The charge pump is the small pump at the end of the hydrostatic main pumps

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi Todd , Did you get this resolved?