Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 3 cylinder diesel deere 300 loader. I have fuel

Customer Question

I have a 3 cylinder diesel John deere 300 B loader.
I have fuel pressure in the line leading to the injection pump but no fuel coming through to the injectors. I put a new solenoid in it thinking that the shutoff was not opening, but still no fuel towards the injectors or the return line.
I have manually moved the injector shutoff and cranked the engine but no fuel.
Do I need a new injector? Is there a JD junkyard for used parts?
Earl
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove the top cover of the injection pump, ans see if the inner linkage is moving? It likely is stuck in the off position, look how the kill lever would move the inner part. When kill lever is moved, the inner linkage should move with it, it is spring loaded. If not, see if you can free it up. If not, the injection pump will need to be replaced or repaired.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have moved the lever every way that it will move and turned the engine, but no flow.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you see the link I sent, showing the top cover of the injection pump? It has to come off , so you can get to the inner linkage!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not see a link
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did remove the cover. It took three small bolts to get it off.I actually replaced the solenoid inside. While I had it open I manually moved the spring-loaded shift back-and-forth while turning the key and no fluid cam through.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

300 B would not have solenoid. If it has the solenoid under the cover, it must be newer model. Is the solenoid moving and getting battery volts? If it is, you need to have injection pump repaired or replaced.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

LINK is above

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw the link. That looks like the unit, but all of the parts are not shown.Does that shaft 18 need to be spinning in order for the fuel to flow or does the fuel pump do that?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The injection pump shaft has to turn or you will have no output. Transfer pump will only bring fuel to the injection pump.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

My reply shows as customer!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to pull the injector off and verify that the shaft is indeed turning then.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the shaft is turning, but the inner linkage is still stuck in the off position.