Bradley Martin
Bradley Martin,
Experience:  Field Technician at Thompson Tractor Company
29889544

Takeuchi track skid steer mechanic- Model TL 150 w/approx.

Customer Question

For a Takeuchi track skid steer mechanic- Model TL 150 w/approx. 5500 hours. Tracks will not move forward or reverse in cold weather (below- 40 degrees) until machine warms for about 60 minutes. First one side did this, now both. In summer weather, does not take as much time for same condition. Is it hydraulic check valve problem or ??.
Thank you- Jerry Chesnic
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 11 months ago.

HI JERRY

I HAVE RAN INTO THIS ISSUE BEFORE,RAISE THE CAB SHOULD BE TWO BOLTS AT THE TWO FRONT CORNERS OF THE CAB, UNDER THE CAB IF YOU ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF IT LOOKING AT THE MOTOR, FUEL TANK SIDE THERE IS A MANIFOLD BLOCK MADE OUT OF ALUMINUM, ON TOP OF THAT BLOCK THERE IS SOME SOLENOIDS,THE CLOSES SOLENOID TO THE FRONT OF THE MACHINE IS THE LIFT LOCK OUT SOLENOID, TAKE THAT SOLENOID OUT AND CLEAN IT WITH SOME EMORY CLOTH, CLEAN THE INSIDE THERE IS A LITTLE POPPET I GUESS YOU WOULD CALL IT THAT STICKS WHEN IT IS COLD, I WOULD CLEAN IT AND SPRAY IT WITH SOME PENETRATING OIL LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYMORE HELP

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Machine is coming into shop this week. Will try your repair method and let you know ASAP if it works. Will contact you back. Thanks for the help. Jerry Chesnic
Expert:  Bradley Martin replied 10 months ago.

Have you had any luck with your issue?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Tried your response. It helped somewhat, but did not solve problem 100%. Is there any thing else such as a check valve, etc. or replacing the solenoids that we cleaned? One owner of a franchise stated that this is common at 5000 hours and if not corrected, a major $ 25K dollar repair is what we are looking at. Seems that this is a "push" to sell a new machine. Do appreciate your help. Jerry Chesnic

Have you replaced both hydraulic filters the spin on one by the by the hydraulic tank and the cartridge filter under the cab beside to the right of the hydraulic pump mounted on the frame? the cartridge filter can cause the issue you are having

Can you please rate me so I can close the question and do you need anymore help?