Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Jd 510b 1978 or so when right hand side gh sides eg ll or

Customer Question

Customer: jd 510b hoe 1978 or so when right hand side high sides eg hill or ditch it will some times cause a rattle is it possible the diff lock is gone out of setting and occationally is trying to ingauge
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it would apeer that the rear diff and power shift and hyd work well no rattles most of the time only ocationally when the diff look pedel side is ellivated, if I remove top diff and trans plate can I inspect the diff lock etc
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
were the hell are you ?
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. We can post back and forth as needed. Please let me know the serial number and also check the oil and filter for metal/debris indicating internal problems

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Answer my question or stop wasting my time I asked if I could inspect the diff lock if I took the top off the transmison and diff serial number is 4270dr/02. 290885r
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

I was out on a road call. I dont sit by the computer all day answering questions voluntarily hoping maybe to get paid.... ill opt out.... Its been a long day for me...someone else maybe can help you...Good luck....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Perfect buy the way I always pay my bills
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 10 months ago.

No. only way to inspect the differential lock, is to remove the trumpet housing for the axle. Then you can see and get to it. Taking the top off will not give access.