Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

None of the warning lights come on when key switch is in

Customer Question

None of the warning lights come on when key switch is in test position. Alternator light did not come when it failed. This is on a 310C backhoe loader. The tachometer, engine hour does not operate. The fuel gage does seem to work.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi John, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check all your fuses and relays and for any damage to the harness between the IGN switch and the guage panel and verify all grounds are good using an OHM meter. If ok, test for power going to your gauge panel from the IGN switch and if the panel has both power and ground but is not working, the gauge panel is faulty. If there is no power there, trace it back to the IGN switch to determin if you have a wiring issue or faulty IGN switch or if someone may have rewired the switch ETC sometime in the past. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi John, did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
At this point I have had the alternator rebuilt but still don't get an increase in voltage at the battery indicating it is charging. Have a voltage regulator on order to install next week. Have removed the key switch and checked continuity to all terminals but don't have to the one identified as "gnd". Will keep you posted.
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the update John. Let me know. It's a pleasure to help.