Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

This is ***** ***** im working on a cat 257b skidsteer and

Customer Question

Customer: hi this is ***** ***** im working on a cat 257b skidsteer and my problem is the seatbelt light will start blinking as soon as you start the machine and release the parking brake. it will however still drive but the right hand joystick is dead
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything is normal if you dont actually start the machine(the lights will both shut off and it energizes the work tool pilot solenoid) but as soon as you start the engine the seatbelt light starts blinking and you loose power to the solenoid i tested the armrest switch and bypassed the seat switch
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

You have a fault in the interlock system. Follow this attached guide for the Armrest lamp to help locate the problem.

If you need more help on this, please post the full machine serial number with your reply.

If a you have trouble locating something, please include the details of the test you have completed and the problem your have encountered.