Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Komatsu PC78UU-6. The machine has plenty of power

Customer Question

I have a Komatsu PC78UU-6. The machine has plenty of power and speed for our application except for the boom. We need to lift and set concrete tanks. The boom relieves and lowers when we try to lift the tanks, but the stick has plenty of lift power. I did not have this problem on our old PC75UU-2. Can the relief be adjusted to add more lifting and holding power on the boom?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. It could be possible as long as you do not increase the pressure beyond the maximum spec for the machine in the OEM manual or you will start to break things such as cylinders, arm, stick, etc. Do you have the service book for your machine? I recommend checking your pressures and see if possibly you are currently on the low end of the spec.

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi Keith, Did you get this resolved?