Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Caterpillar 252b skid steer - can not get can up - took

Customer Question

Caterpillar 252b skid steer - can not get can up - took bolts out in front back red lever is disengaged
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. The two front bolts and the red latch are all that locks the ROPS down. there are gas shock absorbers that could likelt be bad making it harder to lift the Cabs weight or check for seized pins. If the shock absorbers are bad you may need to use hoisting equipment to help raise the Cab. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This red deal it's supposed to pull out easy?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Click on this link and see PDF page 13. It doesnt pull out like a pin. It is actually a lever that unlocks the cab.

Manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The lever will not move by twisting/pulling side ways? If this cab has not been raised in some time it could be seized.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you face time or can I send you a video showing?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Could you upload it to you tube and post the link?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? If not either we can try a phone call or maybe you can send me a video to my cell by text. This is offered as an additional service through the site. Ill send the link just in case.