Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have Fiat allis 8b..The ram the tracks.is leaking grease

Customer Question

I have Fiat allis 8b..The ram for tightening the tracks.is leaking grease
It looks like it is coming from nut above the grease nipple.this is not the nut you let all grease out to collapse the ram.it has a grub screw in middle..I need guidance as difficult to get at and need to take off idler to take off cover plate..your comments would be appreciated
Regards Geoff
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Geoff, I'm not familiar with this set up on your tracks, only the engine so I will put this on open board for others to look at.

sorry I could not assist this time.

I don;t know when someone will respond it is Holiday season here.

Good luck

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Geoff My name is***** will be glad to help. Do you have your machine serial number?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Click on this link to download the parts breakdown I uploaded for you. If you are not talking about the fitting with the grease zerk to pump up the track tension then the other one with the center bolt is a relief cartridge. Remove the assembly as it un threads from the track adjuster. the parts book breaks it up in individual parts but it may be tough finding these parts now. It may be possible to try to reseal your existing one if there is no major damage and it can be repaired. Let me know if you have trouble with the link below.

Track adjuster

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I noticed the picture did not transfer to my upload. Click this link for the full parts book and then go to PDF page 277 and it will bring you to the parts breakdown. this will aid in identify the valves parts on disassembly. Minn par is a good source to check your availability of the parts. They may have this valve available as an assembly.

Parts catalog

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Also here is the link for a good source for parts since fiat parts are getting more scarce to come by.

http://www.minnpar.com/

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Geoff, Did you get this resolved?