Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

I have a 2006 cat c15 a couple days ago I stopped to get

Customer Question

I have a 2006 cat c15 a couple days ago I stopped to get fuel when got ready to leave it spun over for a while before starting now I have to spray starting fluid to get started I changed fuel filters and checked check valve did not see any thing wrong there do u have any suggestions thanks dennis
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for asking your question Dennis. I will try and help you out.

It sounds like the fuel is leaking down from the cylinder head when the engine is off. I have seen this many times. There are two things that will cause this to happen.

The first and most common is a faulty fuel pressure regulator. It's located underneath the filter housing. I would change this first.

Second is a faulty fuel pump. If changing the regulator does not help. I would try a pump.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 11 months ago.

Hey. I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks.