Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My 2000 jcb 530/70 telehandler has lost 2nd and 4th gear in

Customer Question

hi
my 2000 jcb 530/70 telehandler has lost 2nd and 4th gear in forward, but works in reverse
mick
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi Mick, my name is***** will be glad to help. check the transmission filter for signs of metal/debris indicating an internal problem or failure occurring as well as the oil level, condition and for burnt smell and discoloration. If ok the next step is to test power in and out of the shift controller and for continuity in the harness for a possible faulty shift controller or harness. If they test good in all gear positions, check the solenoids for operation and try swapping locations to see if the problem moves with them. Let me know