Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a 2003 Deere 310 sg backhoe. I'm having trouble

Customer Question

I have a 2003 John Deere 310 sg backhoe. I'm having trouble starting the machine all of a sudden with no warnings. I have replaced the solenoid coming from the starter no help. Check the fuses all fine no help, replaced the starter no help. All I get is a clicking coming from the solenoid. The battery is a 2013 and never had an issue.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is the clicking coming from the starter solenoid itself or a a relay. Test the battery with a digital tester for its internal condition (dead cells, etc). I have seen batteries fail in one year unfortunately. If clicking from the solenoid it usually indicates a problem with the battery, a loose starter or battery connection or ground, Or a low voltage situation. Thoroughly inspect the cables and clean and tighten all connections and grounds and be sure the battery tests good with a digital tester. Let me know