Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Having and issue with cat 320C L blowing a fuse. it is the

Customer Question

Having and issue with cat 320C L blowing a fuse. it is the Back/Monitor Fuse 5A.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
looking for some general guidance of where to start hunting for the issue. the fuse will not always blow right away. the monitor will work and then the fuse blow and monitor is lost. is there a common place for wire issues??
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the IGN switch for shorts and confirm power in and out of the switch in each position and that power runs through the switch when it should be. Also check all relays for the possibility of them sticking. If ok thoroughly inspect the harness for chafed or shorted wiring and for damaged pins inside the connectors. If the harness checks ok you will be looking for faulty ground connections, Overcharging charging system ( Alternator faulty/backfeeding), or a faulty monitor. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved?