Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I HAVE 7810 GEHL LOADER NOT PICKING UP FUEL
, THE

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I HAVE 7810 GEHL LOADER NOT PICKING UP FUEL
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP SEEMS TO BE NOT PICKING UP FUEL I CAN HEAR IT RUNNING SO I PUT A NURSE TANK ON FUEL LINE BYPASSED THE WATER FUEL SEPARATER AND ELEVATED IT EMPTIED NURSE MAID TANK BUT NO FUEL TO TRACTOR
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Construction and Road Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES I REALLY NEED AN ANSWER HAVE NO PROB ON PAYING
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. With the IGN switch on test for power at the fuel shutoff solenoid to confirm the pump is in the fuel on position. If the transfer pump is good then crack the bleeder screw on the filter housing until you get straight fuel and no air with the transfer pump pumping fuel then close the bleeder. Crack loos the injector lines while cranking until you get good fuel supply/spray from the lines then tighten and try to start. If no fuel is coming from the lines at all you either have a faulty fuel injection pump or a failed fuel shutoff solenoid. Replace the solenoid first. Let me know