Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a new holland d75 dozer and when you start it it runs

Customer Question

I have a new holland d75 dozer and when you start it it runs fine but it starts raising the throttle speed the longer it runs until it sticks at full throttle. A couple weeks ago it went back to normal for a few days and now it's having the problem again. I adjusted the linkage to where it pushes the throttle lever all the way down so now I can idle it down but as soon as I give it a little throttle it automatically revs higher than it use to. Is this an electronic problem. It started when the batteries and alternator went bad but I have replaced them and they are new now.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kevin, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check all your connections and grounds between the batteries and starter including all grounds. Clean, inspect, and tighten all connections. If ok inspect the harness for any poor connections, corrosion, or damage. If that checks ok you could have a faulty potentiometer for the throttle control or engine speed sensor or failed ECU. Let me know