Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have an ls 160 and an electrical problem?

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** have an ls 160 and an electrical problem?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ran when i parked it a week ago put up arms and serviced it grease oul and such. Got in it last night no dash lights , then turned key and alarm rings constant connect seat belt and will turnover but wont run. Lights work heat motor works good battery and all fuses good.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 12 months ago.

Hi todd have you checked the frame grounds? DId it rain at all since the last time you used it? I may have an operators book at home i can reference but i was going to have you put it in diagnostic mode to verify the fuel shut off and switches. Let me get back to you in a couple of hours, Thanks Dan

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
It has rained three days straight flipped safe (service mode) switch no changes i have a sevice manual at a friends house have not had the chance to retreive it yet?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Cant put in diagnostic cause got no dash at all
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No dashboard lights come on at all!

okay then can you remove the board and verify there is power and a ground to it? Possibly the board got wet and or is bad.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have removed dash no water, connection good have not got out meter yet! Was looking for obvious first. Dont believe it a ground problem at this time but will check straps again. If this were straight forward easy problem would not need your help i have owned this machine for 16 yrs and have done work on it, and my friends in the past. Iam stumped!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The alarm is the best indicator so far? Soon as i turn the key its like its shorted out in either the run or accessories positions? That and no dash lights must isolate this to a certian range of topics?

Yes, since the dash controls the fuel shut off and all the warning devices I am leaning that way. I would verify you have power and ground and then you might just have to try a new board. Any friends got one you can try that would be easier.

you did verify the fuse in the engine compartment too correct?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Checked all fuses. Ill get back at it tomorrow. Dont have a spare dash board, would want to know what fried this one before i connect a new one ? Or if this is even the trouble? Grounds look good ,no corrosion.

Okay thanks for info, electronics fail all the time so very p;possible after 16 years its time.