Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

My u35 kubota opens the thumb when moving the travel levers.

Customer Question

My u35 kubota opens the thumb when moving the travel levers. To the point once fully open it hits relief, I believe. If I shut off the aux circuit thr machine gains speed. I also use a hammer with diverter valve on thumb circuit and sometimes when moving boom and or dipper the hammer will dry fire without touching the aux circuit switch.
Do I start with the aux circuit solenoid or is it something else
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. What is the serial number of your machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30630
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached a picture of the Id tag
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. First check the return hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal indicating a component failure occurring potentially contaminating the system causing valves, etc to stick. If clean then check for a return restriction back to tank causing a build up of pressure on the return side. If that checks ok you could have a valve sticking or bypassing pressure to the other function. Does travel and counter rotation function normally with other functions other than the AUX circuit? If it is only the AUX circuit I recommend inspecting the valve, cleaning and resealing after disassembly. Click here to access the parts catalog to aid in this to access the parts diagrams. Let me know

Parts diagrams.