Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My problem is i have a 257b skid steer that i cannot get the

Customer Question

Customer: Ken my problem is i have a 257b skid steer that i cannot get the rpms to increase from an idle either the foot feed or the hand control what do i need to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when i start the machine and try to get the idle to increase with the foot feed or the hand control the foot feed stays on the floor and the hand control does nothing when you move it forward to increase the speed
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure i'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry no one could help you earlier. If you still need help, I will be glad to assist you.

The hand control connects to the foot control. This is where I find most problems.

Have you checked to the throttle on the engine governor to see if it is moving from low idle stop to high idle stop?

If the cable is not moving, remove the floor plate and inspect the foot pedal for damage. You will need to remove the covers under the hand controls over the fuse panel to remove the floor plate.

I usually replace the complete assembly when I have problems as most units will be difficult to service the separate parts.

You may find just a loos cable but, corrosion will cause most damage and that is why I must replace the assembly when I service these control groups.

Let me know what you find and if you need more help. If so, please post the full machine serial number with your reply.