Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Im working on a jd 7775 skid steer & the bucket wont move

Customer Question

im working on a jd 7775 skid steer & the bucket wont move any way the pedals are unlocked when your sitting on the seat & when the seat belt is connected the skid steer will move forward & back i checked & added hyd fluid to full mark,checked fuses ect. i have no manuals, the costumers back yard was flooded from rains & used it for mud clean up
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Everything works except the bucket, and the bucket pedal is not locked? Is bucket full travel either way? Are you getting fluid to the cylinders? If either bucket cylinder has internal leakage, it affects both cylinders. Maybe bad cylinder or bent or broken bucket cylinder rod?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes no noise or feel of pressure when stepping on pedals no signs of leaky cyl or bent shafts
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

take line loose at bucket cylinder and see if oil is flowing when pedal is pushed. Any leak would be internal and would not show as external leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok do u work tomorrow thats the soonest i can get over to check it out
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Yes,I will be here.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If the foot pedal is moving the valve spool, the fluid should be going to the cylinders. Very little to go wrong with a control valve, other than the lock solenoid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when u disconnect the seat belt or lift off the seat the pedals don't move ill check for fluid tomorrow & contact u thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

OK, let me know.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you get to look at the hydraulics?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i didn't I'll b looking at it tomorrow morning
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey Curtis i looked at the skid steer & it has no fluid going to the cylinders for the bucket, also no fluid going to the control valve, pulled hyd filter off & started tractor no fluid when running, when moving tractor fwd or rev slightly its grawls like air or low on fluid,but tractor moves, I forgot to tell you when u start it after about 15 - 20 sec an alarm starts beeping & it will shut engine off, on the oil filter adapter there are 2 switches i by passed 1 by jumping the wires together but did not help, other switch is a single wire, when i had filter off u can see spring valve of some kind inside adapter HELP please thanks Chuck
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Hydraulic pump s the small pump on the rear of the drive pumps. See if there is flow at the pump outlet? If not flow, pull pump and check drive and pump. May be broken or stripped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it will probably be tomorrow before i can get back over there
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

# ***** is the hydraulic pump, for bucket and boom. Output goes direct to the loader control valve.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Curtis I took the output line loose at the pump & there is no fluid or pressure, I also took the big line loose, not sure if its the feed line, its a metal pipe with a 90 then has a rubber hose with a clamp its comes out of the side of the pump, the output comes out of the top of the pump, then theres a small hyd hose thats attaches to the bottom of the pump & goes to the steering pump closest to the engine, didnt take that one loose,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Big line is the suction hose. Was it full of fluid? At this point, have you removed the pump and checked it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it wasn't full of fluid. No i havent removed it yet, i guess its time to pull it & check it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I would! 2 bolts!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'll let u know what i find