Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a galion grader T500-c-01711.The hydraulic oil is

Customer Question

i have a galion grader T500-c-01711.The hydraulic oil is mixing with the transmission oill causing the transmission to overfill and spilling through the breather.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Your likely cause is the pump front seal leaking into the transmission. Let me know if you need more help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pump is situated on the torque converter.Am i correct if i understand that the payment is only a once off payment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It depends what system you have whether it is the two pump tandem system transmission driven or the single pump driven off the converter housing. Click on this link and see PDF page 15 for further explanation. since you have the converter driven pump let me dig into this further to verify all other components that would allow the hydraulic oil into the transmission. I will get back to you on this.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, The transmission gets its supply oil from the charge pump mounted on the converter therefore sharing the same oil. the hydraulic pump is bolted and splined to the converter charge pump so your hydraulic pump seal is leaking into the converter and overfilling your transmission. Click this link and see PDF pages 30 and on.

http://www.tractorparts.com/PDFs/GALIONPOWERSHIFTTRANSMISSIONS.pdf

Yes this is a one time thing unless you subscribe to the site. Let me know if you need more help