Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a hypac 747 drum roller it vibrates but won't move

Customer Question

I have a hypac 747 drum roller it vibrates but won't move its like it has a parking brake
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal indicating a hydraulic pump or drive motor failure. If clean check the drive motor case drain for excessive case drain pressure indicating a failed drive motor. With the case drain hose disconnected, run a hose from the case drain port into a bucket and with the roller against a loading dock to prevent movement, slowly engage travel. There should be a low volume of oil. If oil comes out under pressure, that drive motor is bad. If this checks out good check the Parking brake circuit for problems and have your pressures tested to confirm they are in OEM specs. Let me know