Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Help with 9020b case excavator hydraulic pump

Customer Question

help with 9020b case excavator hydraulic pump
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I replied back to your other post. Here is what I wrote.

thanks for the update..... The pump is actually two pumps back to back. Pilot pressure ( Signal pressure) when a function is operated sends signal pressure to the control valve of each pump. the functions are split between the two pumps for example left and right track are working off different pumps. This allows to operate more than one function at a time... so there are times when one pump is in full stroke and the other pump strokes when another function is operated at the same time. Check the pump control valves and signal pressure to both pumps to see if both are stroking the pumps to full flow or if it is a mechanical problem with either. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Was the pump assembly calibrated on a calibration stand after the repair? If not I would have the pumps calibrated if not trouble is found mechanically. On the machine it will require a flow meter and test gauges along with the manual for your serial number machine.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Did you get this resolved or still need more help?