Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I also have a S185 skid steer that does not start. I have

Customer Question

I also have a S185 skid steer that does not start. I have lights but the controls on the upper right hand side starting works but the stop button turns off my lights The control panel was checked out and is ok
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I need to clarify some things so I get what your machine is doing. It sounds like you have the keypad controls on the right hand side since you mentioned a "stop button". Let's walk through the process for a keypad machine. 1) you power up the ignition by pressing the Run/Enter button. The consoles on left and right side power up and you hear a single/long beep from the alarm. 2) you press the Start button to start the engine. What happens at that point? Is the engine cranking but won't start? Or is there no cranking at all? Do the left and right panels remain lit up when you press the Start button or do they go blank?