Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My Kubota ZD331 is dead. No lights, power, or anything. I

Customer Question

My Kubota ZD331 is dead. No lights, power, or anything. I used it yesterday and it ran fine. So I needed it for a few minutes today I got on it turned the key and heard a click/pop and it was dead.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a voltmeter or test light to check the unit? Start at battery and battery cables. May be a cable loose that has lost connection. You should have around 13 volts at the battery and to the post on the starter solenoid, where the posiitve battery cable goes to.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If you have the full battery voltage to the starter solenoid, on the same post the positive battery cable connects, will be a smaller wire, that goes to the fuse panel. This is where the voltage for the keyswitch comes from. See if you have battery voltage to the key switch.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

I think you have a damaged cable!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

If not at battery, take a good look around the starter solenoid, Kubota does not show a fusible link, but it may have one at the starter! A fusible link is a fuse soldered into a wire, and the wire with fuse is replaced, but to test you can bypass the link.