Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a JCB 180T where control lamp blinks and we have no

Customer Question

We have a JCB 180T where control lamp for transmission blinks and we have no power to tracks but bucket, lift and ex hydralics works fine
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check all your safety interlock safety switches and harness connections for bare/damaged wiring and connector pins. Check the seat switch/ Lap bar-console switch/ seat belt if equipped/ and door switch for continuity and proper operation. If any of these switches have failed or there is a harness issue your functions will be disabled. Let me know. Also here is a site for a complete service book for under $15 and up that would be great to have on hand as well with schematics and test/repair info. Let me know

https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/158652046-jcb-robot-160-160hf-170-170hf-180

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it didn't help and as I wrote in my first question we have checked the electric circuits. On this machine there is only two switches for joystick fold up and fold down arm in front of driver. Both of those control parking brake. Parking brake come off without problem. But control lamp for transmission continue to flash a.d no power to tracks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry the two switches also control servo circuit for joysticks
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update. If the electrical tests out ok and the directional controls test good then check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal for a possible pump or drive motor problem. If clean the next step is to check for possible fault codes and a faulty controller ( ECU) Let me know