Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have an 02' 760 Terex with a shifting problem. It starts

Customer Question

Hello, I have an 02' 760 Terex with a shifting problem. It starts and runs, and the hydraulics work, but what is going on forward and reverse doesn't v engage along with no tach reading and no temp reading.I've also lost the neutral light on the instrument panel. I have checked all fuses, circuit breaker and wiring. Everything seems to be ok, but I'm shooting in the dark as I have no manuals, diagrams or information as to what is what on this machine. Thank you for any help.
Chance
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If all fuses and relays are good, check the harness and connectors for damage, check oil level and condition as well filter/strainer for metal/debris indicating an internal issue. If ok look at the park brake switch, neutral switch for the shift control itsefl ( test power in and out or continuity. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for a quick response. The harness appears to be in good condition with the exception of a temp sensor at the thermost at housing. There was a broken connector at the sensor itself that runs to the sensor connected to the injector pump. I am having difficulties locating that sensor for purchase as I do not have any manuals or diagrams to see what is what but will talk to our local parts dealer Monday morning for puchase. Would that sensor shut the entire transmission system down? If so, that is a joke; glad I wasn't putting debris on a burn pile. I have not checked relays because I do not know what is where and what is what as I do not have any manuals or diagrams. Where is the neutral switch located? I will check oil levels and filter tomorrow.
Thank you, Chance
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. Do you have the serial number by chance? I did a search for you for some manuals at a reasonable cost.... Both parts and service can be bought here. http://www.tractor-manuals-downunder.com/Terextractormanuals.html

This should help you with the schematics and parts identification you are looking for. Let me know