Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Curtis I have a problem with my 303.5 CR-it will not start

Customer Question

Hi Curtis I have a problem with my 303.5 CR-it will not start or even sputter at all. Engine will crank but not even try to start.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have fuel to the injection pump body? If you have fuel to the injector pump, the fuel is not being turned on a the pump. Engine has electric fuel shutoff solenoid, it has to open as soon as switch is turned on. Usually mounted just to the left of the injection pump body, slip it back and see if engine will start. When did engine last run? Any problems or just killed it and now will not start? If so, the fuel solenoid is suspect! Has to have 12 volts as soon as switch is turned on. As for the starting fluid, if there is no diesel in the cylinder, it may not fire on ether.