Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Have wht I believe is a 120 cat grader. started leaking fuel

Customer Question

have wht I believe is a 120 cat grader. started leaking fuel from under the seat area and is filling the gage compartment on my left side. I can feel several wires and perhaps a fuel recover line that is in in nd under the gages. it goes into small ,say one inch hole surrounded by what feels like a rubber groumlet, which I can feel from the bottom ,from the outside. the diesel tank is all one unit and I cant see where a fuel line connects fuel is pouring out from under the seat and filling the gauge compartment. is there a fuel recovery line in that gage compartment? or where where else cn the fuel be pouring out? the grader will still run but fuel is pouring out.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a serial number for this machine?

Does the gauge cluster have a fuel pressure gauge in it?

Is this diesel fuel you are seeing?

If so, a fuel line will connect from the fuel pressure gauge and connect to the fuel injection pump housing.

You can remove the line and plug the fitting if desired, it will only prevent the gauge showing fuel pressure.

(Fuel pressure gauge can indicate when fuel filters are plugged.)